Re: [TowerTalk] F12 C19XR Rivets

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] F12 C19XR Rivets
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2016 19:33:15 -0500
There is plenty of overlap between the tubes to be riveted and they are a nice slip fit. The sections to overlap are coated with Penetrox-A and inserted to the proper depth. The line of rivets pull the two tubes into an intimate contact. It appears to me the electrical connection is primarily between the tubes rather than the rivets. Two rows of 3 rivets on opposing sides provides a large surface area of contact, while the Penetrox-A keeps the contact area clean and free of oxidation..

This is a reassembly, so I may give the joint areas a good cleaning and polishing before the reassembly although the joint areas look pretty good.

73

Roger (K8RI)