[TowerTalk] PL259 Connectors Part 2

To: Tower Talk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] PL259 Connectors Part 2
From: "Timothy A. Holmes" <taholmes160@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 9 May 2016 17:35:24 -0400
In addition to the recommendations from the previous e-mail about the best brand / kind of PL259 connectors, I would also like to ask how is the best way to attach them to the coax (including the different sizes of coax I am likely to encounter)

I am trying to achieve a long lasting, water tight installation that I wont have to mess with for many many years.

For a long time, I have soldered them, but i have around a 25% failure rate, which could be due to my soldering skills, or to technique.

I have also read some about crimping on the connectors, which I have NO experience, but if its better than soldering, I'm open to it, but I Really need some instructions / links etc.

Thanks
TIM
W8TAH