Re: [TowerTalk] PL259 Connectors Part 2

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>, "Drax Felton" <draxfelton@gmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] PL259 Connectors Part 2
From: "Gary J - N5BAA" <qltfnish@omniglobal.net>
Date: Thu, 12 May 2016 19:09:04 -0500
I buy Amphenol crimp N connectors for under $2.00 each. By purchasing replacement silver plated crimp sleeves on Ebay, all I have to do to reuse a connector is cot off the crimp sleeve and un-solder the pin. What is not to like about this, especially for new Hams who don't have "investments" in Amphenol PL-259's already made. It makes no sense for those just starting out in Ham Radio to do otherwise - unless of course they worry about being labeled a (you fill in the blank).

73,

Gary J
N5BAA

-----Original Message----- From: Drax Felton