Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Incidents

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tower Incidents
From: "Roger (K8RI) on TT" <K8RI-on-TowerTalk@tm.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 00:28:51 -0400
I don't like the term, but I agree. My story about having to get the climber down who froze meant he had no business being on that tower, As I was getting older (much older) and had several health issue, I again reached the point where I felt confident to climb, but, I had a capable friend on site..

By the time I reached 50 feet, I could tell I'd have a problem getting down after working "up there". I looked down at him and said, it's going to be too much, turned around and came back down.

One of the greatest danger to climbers who no longer climb regularly, or never did, is getting too tired to climb down safely. Having climbed a lot, although I hated to admit it, I was not too proud to admit it. I was able to recognize that if I continued I could not complete the climb safely.

73

Roger (K8RI)