Re: [TowerTalk] Routing Coax and Control Lines

To: "Tower Talk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Routing Coax and Control Lines
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Jul 2016 08:47:33 -0500
Michael,

Thanks for pointing this out.  I have seen some Chinese coax in 1/2 inch
(Hansen).  It is similar to LDF4-50A, with a lighter copper shield.  All of
my coax is Andrew LDF4 and LDF5.

Thanks to all who have offered comments.  I subsequently investigated
several cell towers in my area.  All of them have the coax coming off the
tower at about 10-12 feet, and they are suspended under a steel railing to
reach the equipment room.  This is likely better than a plastic tube.

73, Keith NM5G