Re: [TowerTalk] Legal Power measurement Discussion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Legal Power measurement Discussion
From: "StellarCAT" <rxdesign@ssvecnet.com>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2016 11:46:00 -0400
I think more is being made of this then what it is - the reason why it was defined as "supplied to the antenna" is that is indeed simple - and doesn't necessitate any math/measurements beyond that single connection. I'm sure - or better stated my guess would be the feedline is considered part of 'the antenna' in their eyes - how ever that might branch out... thus making it very simple for them. If they show up at Joe Dumbstuff's house who is running 4000W to a feedline with losses of over 4db and putting 1500w at the antenna TERMINALS - I'd bet he'd get a citation.

As for contests - that is a whole 'nother story ... I know of one guy that is PROUD of his contest wins... and runs 6000W. I was told by the owner of one antenna supply house that baluns in the 5kW range are quite common ... and he's done as high as 20kW baluns.

... for me - legal limit is legal limit - period.

Gary
K9RX

-----Original Message----- From: jimlux