Re: [TowerTalk] Voltage at ends of yogi parasitic elements?

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Voltage at ends of yogi parasitic elements?
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 12:32:39 -0700
I agree with Hardy, Dave, and Jim. My second element is a dipole fed with RG11, and I switch in lengths of coax that are shorted or open in the shack to switch it from CW to SSB (the coax acts as a tuned stub that provides the needed reactance). BTW -- W6AM published a great 2-part article about this in NCJ, roughly 5-7 years ago. I can't do exactly what John did because my 80 Yagi is too high (about 140 ft). That's why I'm using stubs.

73, Jim K9YC