Re: [TowerTalk] Voltage at ends of yogi parasitic elements?

To: Hardy Landskov <n7rt@cox.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Voltage at ends of yogi parasitic elements?
From: Rob Katz <rob.katz@thelegacycenter.com>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2016 11:52:13 -0400
Thank you Hardy and everybody for your responses.  I’ve built many wire yagis
that are loaded in the middle.  I’m looking to put up a new 3-el on 40m with a
rope catenary as the “boom,” so I want to eliminate the weight in the middle to
reduce the sag.  It’s also over my driveway, so I don’t know if dropping
open-wire line would pass the XYL test :-)  It looks like the end voltage would
be too high for relays, but I’m still curious to have a number on that voltage
if someone can figure it out.

I appreciate all the generous folks in this group!

73,
   Rob  K4OV