Re: [TowerTalk] Voltage at ends of yogi parasitic elements?

To: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mymts.net>, <john@kk9a.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Voltage at ends of yogi parasitic elements?
From: "Jeff AC0C" <keepwalking188@ac0c.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 12:04:42 +0800
There is literally no benefit to do the switching at the ends. But there are a lot of reliability issues so why take the hard road when there is no performance increment - and at the same time the headaches with that solution are going to be ongoing. The HV switch is going to have mass and is going to be an ice accumulation point if you have weather. I would bet you good money that if you go with an end-switched solution in a couple of years you are going to be in the "what was I thinking?" camp...

My antennas were run in KW level RTTY and I never had a relay issue with a the phasing control stuff done in the center - the voltage there is low and the currents high but that's a much easier fix than trying to put a HV switch out on the ends of an antenna.

Good luck!

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com
alpha-charlie-zero-charlie