Re: [TowerTalk] rotor

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rotor
From: Les Kalmus <w2lk@bk-lk.com>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 11:56:06 -0500
Cort,

I would get a weather tight metal box and mount it near the base of the tower. Get a pair of cable glands which are weather tight for the cable entry and do the splice inside that box, maybe with a terminal strip. You'll have an access point for testing the cable if you have a future problem and you can insure that everything will be moisture free.

Typical box. Get one sized for your needs: http://www.alliedelec.com/hammond-manufacturing-1550z107/70166062/?mkwid=s1wbnxqbi&pcrid=30980760979&gclid=CLiHhZWnutACFYxWDQodoYwCYA or an outdoor electrical box: http://www.homedepot.com/b/Search/N-5yc1vZbm4m/Ntk-Extended/Ntt-weatherproof+box?Ntx=mode+matchpartialmax&NCNI-5. You'll also have to get a few plugs and front plate to seal unused openings. Cable gland: http://www.elecdirect.com/cord-grips-strain-relief/cable-glands/?utm_source=bingads&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=bingads You might be able to find a correctly sized cable gland that will screw directly into the threaded ports on the electrical box.

Les W2LK