Re: [TowerTalk] rotor

To: wa4jqs@mikrotec.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rotor
From: Courtney Judd <k4wi@k4wi.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Nov 2016 17:58:58 -0600
hey Tony, John and all , yup called HRO today and they confirmed that all special made up cables for Yaesu is by company called JTS and none of them have the boot installed so I have to do this myself! I don't want to cut the cable... just creates another problem area.... so thanks for your thoughts... 73's Cort K4WI

wa4jqs@mikrotec.com <mailto:wa4jqs@mikrotec.com>
Monday, November 21, 2016 4:13 PM
i agree with John. a little silicone and # 33 electrical tape should
do it. or you can slid some heat shrink tubing over it then tape both
work well.
DO NOT put loctite on the bolts unless it is the green loctite they make a
number of different types green blue red.. with RED being the hardest to
remove.. i have had to use a torch to heat up bolts to get them loose
after using red loctite.
73 Tony WA4JQS

I think most of us have made the mistake of soldering on a connector and