Re: [TowerTalk] Station and tower grounding

To: Robert Morris <robrk@nidhog.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Station and tower grounding
From: Thomas Noel <tnoel@mac.com>
Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 12:13:25 -0800
Check out Rohrer Man-Saver pneumatic drivers. Designed for driving T-posts and
steel fence posts up to 2+ inches in diameter. Operates just like a manual post
driver that you lift and drop on the top of the post, but clamps onto the post
and the “lift” is provided by compressor. Rate of strike limited only by volume
or air your compressor can deliver. I drive galvanized ground rods into
sandstone. There are a number of adapters for different posts - several sizes
of round plus several Tee shapes. I had a local machine shop make an adapter
for 5/8” rod for $20.

I put my small generator and pancake compressor in the back of my pick-up and
can work away from the shop easily.

See: http://www.rohrermfg.com/post-drivers/?sort=priceasc
<http://www.rohrermfg.com/post-drivers/?sort=priceasc>

This is a substantial initial investment, but could be shared by several or a
Club. I needed it for my property for fencing, so not so bad to amortize!

Thomas W Noel
KF7RSF