[TowerTalk] M2 7&10-30LP8 vs 2 or 3 element tribander

To: Towertalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] M2 7&10-30LP8 vs 2 or 3 element tribander
From: Richard Thorne <rthorne@rthorne.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Dec 2016 08:00:30 -0600
The M2 7&10-30LP8 is a 10 through 30 log with a 40m dipole.

I've been researching the M2 Log and comparing it to other short boom band antennas from a gain perspective.

The best I can tell is the log has about 1db to 2db less gain as compared to other non-trapped multiband designs. 10.5dbi at 65' vs 11.4 to 12.5 dbi (depending on band).

If anyone has the M2 log or other brand log and has compared them to traditional yagi's on short booms I'd be interested to hear your experiences.

Thanks

Rich - N5ZC