Re: [TowerTalk] M2 7&10-30LP8 vs 2 or 3 element tribander

To: jim@audiosystemsgroup.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] M2 7&10-30LP8 vs 2 or 3 element tribander
From: kc4pe <kc4pe@bellsouth.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Dec 2016 07:46:54 -0500
Currently I have a 4 element mono at 120 feet...a 4 element quad at 80 feet and a 12 element log at 100"....

The Quad is the quietest....due to a continuous loop...

The 4 element opens the bands...but then plays along side of the log until the MUF goes high and then the log takes over....

The biggest help in RX performance is a diversity system a-la the Anan's SDR system, or better yet the new DX Engineering NCC-2, when you play with phase and amplitude in eliminating all kind of noise it really makes a difference...

1 or 2 db never really makes the scoreboard, except on rare occasions....

If I had to build the ultimate system it would be a log on a 120 foot tower ..with a trolley that would let me run the antenna up and down the tower to follow the MUF..(Why 120 feet...it's 2 wl on 20 ..Read Jim Lawson's W2PV's book..!!)

I built on at 75 feet with a TH11 and it was a game changer...

Have Fun..

-Bill - KC4PE..