Re: [TowerTalk] March QST cover

To: sawyered@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] March QST cover
From: Kelly Taylor <ve4xt@mymts.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Feb 2017 14:38:22 -0600
One thing you learn after almost 30 years in publishing is, let he who is
without sin…

The uninitiated would be blown away by how easy it is for major gaffes to slip
through even the most professional organizations. Anybody remember “Dewey
defeats Truman”? As I recall, that wasn’t exactly the Podunk Gazette behind
that one.

It was a mistake. It wasn’t the publishing world’s first and it certainly will
not be the last. It is also unlikely the ARRL had anything to do with the
composition of the photograph.

The tenor of the quoted tower industry magazine item was startlingly
unprofessional, and violated a key tenet of journalism.

73, kelly, ve4xt