Re: [TowerTalk] W2AU Baluns??

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] W2AU Baluns??
From: "Don W7WLL" <w7wll@arrl.net>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2017 10:09:53 -0700
They are indeed an item to avoid. I've pics of a BN-86 I pulled off my TH-7DX after only a few years up here on the OR coast. The burned area of the coil, the spider and insect crap inside, the corroded condition of the inner connections are apparent. After examination it was apparent why the SWR began going up with the rain after a few years. Replaced with a Balun Designs unit and all is working well.

Thanks to all for the indepth discussions, experiences and banter on the use of chokes, baluns and related items with various antennas, have learned a lot about what used to be a shadowy subject.

Don W7WLL

-----Original Message----- From: john@iguanavilla.com