Re: [TowerTalk] 1dB more RF Power?

To: <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 1dB more RF Power?
From: <n6sj@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 1 May 2020 09:09:44 -0700
Jim,

All very good points, and I'll accept those statistics re. % SS score per
each dB improvement during a 24 hour stretch.

But in a DX pileup over a narrow time window, propagation variations can
easily swamp a dB or two.  When I worked Dima at E30FB, after his 9th call
to me, my signal upfaded just enough for him to copy my full callsign.  That
upfade itself could have been 3 to 6 dB, just enough to bring my signal
above all the other callers who refused to standby while he was trying to
work "N6S?".

And finally, I agree I'm not much of a contester, but I do love CW SS, and
won the Pacific Division for LP single op in 2018.  So I have been known to
make the effort...!

73,
Steve
N6SJ