[TowerTalk] US Tower 72 ft crank up grinds to a standstill

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] US Tower 72 ft crank up grinds to a standstill
From: "FritzOAQ" <fritz@k4oaq.com>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 12:08:36 -0400
Hey guys,

I have a US Tower 72 ft crank up. I just put a Steppir DB36 with NN4ZZ's
Tilt Plate on it. I cranked it up to vertical & turned on the motor to raise
it to 72 ft. The motor turns a few times with the tower not moving up & then
grinds to a stop. I haven't climbed up to see if I left anything stuck in
the tower to keep it from moving. I feel like the problem of that is pretty
slim.

Let me add a few more details that my give a hint to the more knowledgeable.
The tower has been tilted over on its side for abt a year. A couple weeks
ago, after I had the Tilt Plate & Steppir connected, I discovered I had put
the rotor (located inside the tower) on, turned so the cable connection wud
not clear the tower when it telescoped up. I had to run the tower out abt 6
ft with the Steppir on it so I cud get to the rotor & turn in.

Any thoughts, suggestions wud be most appreciated.

73,

Fritz K4OAQ