Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower 72 ft crank up grinds to a standstill

To: FritzOAQ <fritz@k4oaq.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower 72 ft crank up grinds to a standstill
From: Dick's <rcblumen@centurylink.net>
Date: Tue, 26 May 2020 12:36:24 -0400
Hi- I’ve got the same tower also with a Tilt-Plate. Mine has a prop pitch motor
in it. (Eventually I’d like to put the same beam on mine. Just have a 20m yagi).

Assuming your motor/gear assembly for raising it vertically is OK as well as
your multiple built-in pulleys, I suspect you’ve got something hitting the
superstructure somewhere where it is not obvious. Look it over very carefully
from all sides with a binocular if need be. If you can’t see what’s hitting,
you’re going to have to swivel the tower down to the ground to look even
closer. I assume you’ve had this tower up all the before. If not, then look
even harder for some bolt or bolt head sticking out too far. If you’ve had this
all the way up before and no problems, then adding the internal rotor sounds
like it is somehow the culprit.

Sent from my iPhone

Richard, K0CAT

E-Mail:  rcblumen@centurylink.net