Re: [TowerTalk] Wind Noise

To: David Clemons <clemons.dave@gmail.com>, "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wind Noise
From: Al Kozakiewicz <akozak@hourglass.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 2021 23:54:39 +0000
I appreciate all the suggestions.

I don’t think isolating the tower from the house is possible. Yes, I can slip
some rubber or other material between the bracket and the house, but I probably
over-engineered the anchors. They consist of threaded rod passed through the
header in the gable end of the house along with two of the roof trusses. It is
rigidly fixed with nuts and washers on each side of every member the rods pass
through. The bracket is bolted to the rods.

Rope through the elements sounds like the way to go.

Al
AB2ZY