Re: [TowerTalk] Wind Noise

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wind Noise
From: john@kk9a.com
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2021 06:09:07 -0500
A Force 12 C3 is a small and light antenna. I have put them up just for contest weekends with a little help from my XYL and removed them afterwards. No lift is required if you're comfortable on a tower. I am not a mechanical engineer but it looks to me like it's design has an aggressive element taper which should minimize vibration and element breakage. I once had a 6 element Telrex 20m beam with very large diameter elements going though the boom that made annoying vibration noise.

John  KK9A

Al Kozakiewicz AB2ZY wrote:

The antenna was assembled on the ground and hoisted into place with me alone on a bucket lift. Getting to the element ends would require either a lot of acrobatics standing on the roof, or spending another $400 to rent the lift again. That was the single most expensive element of the tower construction last fall

Thanks!

Al
AB2ZY