Re: [TowerTalk] question Rohn 25 wind load capacity

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] question Rohn 25 wind load capacity
From: Jim Brown <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Apr 2021 11:24:15 -0700
On 4/20/2021 10:33 AM, Michael Tope wrote:
I have a friend in the greater Cleveland Ohio area whose had 120ft of Rohn 25G up for the last 35 years with KLM 4 element 40M beam at the top with a big 10 meter Yagi stacked above it.

I have 120 ft of Rohn 25 in a dense redwood forest. Bottom section is 4 ft into the concrete base; guying is at 30, 60, 90, and 120 ft, each guy to the base a different tree (12 different trees). It holds the straight 3-el SteppIR, a 6M7LFA, the feedpoint of a 40M wire yagi fixed on EU, and a pair of wires that each form a sloping vertical for 160M.

73, Jim K9YC