Re: [TowerTalk] Tashjain Towers LM470 Remote tower raising control

Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tashjain Towers LM470 Remote tower raising control
From: Raymond Benny <rayn6vr@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 09:31:25 -0700
Same here. I have a 70ft telescoping tower and a 90ft Sky Needle tublar
tower, both with remote raising and lowering control boxes.

I am always at the base of either tower when I raise or lower them. There
is a risk, over time, that something will go wrong, especially if you are a
distance from the tower and cannot observe it movements.

By the way, limit switches do fail. I've had two go bad over the years but
was able to check them while the towers were cranked down.

If someone needs help, I converted my old Triex control box to provide 240
VAC for the Sky Needle motor. Had to add a couple of AC relays and a larger
terminal board. I can proved a make shift drawing of the change over. And
if course, the motor has to be rewired for 240 VAC.

Ray
N6VR/W7YA