Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran to steel tower connection.

To: "towertalk@contesting.com" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran to steel tower connection.
From: n1bkb--- via TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 03:44:52 +0000 (UTC)
 Phillystran is a non-conducting guy cable and as such, when I used it and
following their installation instructions 30-years ago, I did NOT use ANY
insulators between the Phillystran guy cables and my tower.  While there are
better methods available today for its use and installation (i.e. the accessory
you mentioned), back when I used it, I installed it just like you would install
any wire cable today with thimbles and U-bolt clamps ... but no insulators.
The installation was in place and unchanged from 1992 until I took it down when
I moved in 2014.

Steve - N1BKB