Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran to steel tower connection.

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran to steel tower connection.
From: "James M. Galm, W8WTS" <jim@w8wts.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 23:43:25 -0400
Thank you to everyone for your help and suggestions. Here is my build plan, from the top down.

K0XG guy ring, has a vertical pivot for the torque arm.

The torque arm is 20 in long, with an 11/16 hole at the end.

3/8 in guy line shackle, pin goes in the torque arm hole.

Bent pin shackle goes in the bow of the guy line shackle.

Insulator, Phillystran big grip, and 6700I down to the tail.

That sounds like a lot of hardware to me, but I do not see a good alternative. The rings on the ends of the bent pin shackles are too large to fit in the 11/16 hole in the torque arm.

73,

Jim, W8WTS