Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran to steel tower connection.

To: "James M. Galm, W8WTS" <jim@w8wts.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Phillystran to steel tower connection.
From: Steve Lott <lottsphoto@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 07:39:59 -0500
Jim

I do not have SWR issues
I am using a 5 el OWA yagi
Based on the antenna handbook
Home built

My 15m yagi is within feet of the guy ring
I am using the K0XG hardware
Therefore I am familiar with the guy ring hardware you are using

So my point is….
It may be possible to eliminate the Torque arm
Of course Before doing that I would ask K0XG
For guidance on that.

This thread has me wondering if Lack of changes in SWR during rotation is a
solid indication of wether one has or does not have issues
With the longer non insulated hardware near a yagi
And one Must model it to prove what is happing
With our beam pattern

Cheers!
Steve
KG5VK

On Tue, Oct 11, 2022 at 10:44 PM James M. Galm, W8WTS <jim@w8wts.com> wrote:

> Thank you to everyone for your help and suggestions.  Here is my build
> plan, from the top down.
>
> K0XG guy ring, has a vertical pivot for the torque arm.
>
> The torque arm is 20 in long, with an 11/16 hole at the end.
>
> 3/8 in guy line shackle, pin goes in the torque arm hole.
>
> Bent pin shackle goes in the bow of the guy line shackle.
>
> Insulator, Phillystran big grip, and 6700I down to the tail.
>
> That sounds like a lot of hardware to me, but I do not see a good
> alternative.  The rings on the ends of the bent pin shackles are too
> large to fit in the 11/16 hole in the torque arm.
>
> 73,
>
> Jim, W8WTS

Steve
*KG5VK*