[TRLog] ASCII vs. BIN

Subject: [TRLog] ASCII vs. BIN
From: swca@ionet.net (Mark Beckwith)
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 09:29:14 -0500 (CDT)
Hi y'all.  just got on here (again).  Been using Tree's software since the 80s.

Tree said:

>As far as editing QSOs beyond the last five, this is one of the prices
>paid for using an ASCII file...we
>are going to have to live with it.

I had always kept an old-fashioned pencil and paper nearby to make a short
list of notes of things to fix at my  next break or after the contest -
until Tree designed Control-N.

EVERYBODY always complains about this 5-qso thing whenever you try to
convince them how much better TR is than other programs.  I say if you're
spending time messing around with THAT, you're not WORKING GUYS (as we used
to say in the non-PC 70s) uh, working 'stations.'  I think you can either
keep your rate up OR fix your log.  Pretty clear choice to me.

SO - I don't think it's a problem.  I am however, grateful I learned
WordStar first, so I can do the Alt-Es more painlessly.  Tree, did you ever
consider CURSOR KEYS?

Mark, N5OT (WA6OTU)