[TRLog] ASCII vs. BINary

Subject: [TRLog] ASCII vs. BINary
From: k6xx@jps.net (Bob Wolbert)
Date: Mon, 07 Jul 1997 11:34:51 -0700
BillR wrote:

> ----------
> Mark N5OT WROTE>
> > EVERYBODY always complains about this 5-qso thing whenever you try to
> > convince them how much better TR is than other programs.  I say if you're
> > spending time messing around with THAT, you're not WORKING GUYS (as we
> used
> > to say in the non-PC 70s) uh, working 'stations.'  I think you can either
> > keep your rate up OR fix your log.  Pretty clear choice to me.

Gentlemen,

I have used TR for a couple of years, and CT for many more (previously).
This is not meant as a rude complaint, but the lack of user friendliness
when correcting entry mistakes is a real sore spot for TR...

Don't take my word for it, though. Look at the choice of logging
software for the competitors in WRTC last year. I really expected most
of them would use TR because of its high performance aspect, and the
fact that it was already updated/debugged for the contest (CT was
crashing just a week before the event) But that was not the case... I
asked a couple of the competitors why they weren't using TR--the reason
given was "difficulty in error recovery".

If interested, see the WRTC statistics & log summary at www.jzap.com.
This site shows breakdowns, including logging s/w.

As for me? Well, I will be using TR this weekend. However, I do wish it
was a bit easier to correct my (many) errors in real time.

73 & GL de Bob, K6XX