[TRLog] ASCII vs. BIN

Subject: [TRLog] ASCII vs. BIN
From: n9br@mc.net (BillR)
Date: Sun, 6 Jul 1997 12:42:36 -0000

----------
Mark N5OT WROTE>
> EVERYBODY always complains about this 5-qso thing whenever you try to
> convince them how much better TR is than other programs.  I say if you're
> spending time messing around with THAT, you're not WORKING GUYS (as we
used
> to say in the non-PC 70s) uh, working 'stations.'  I think you can either
> keep your rate up OR fix your log.  Pretty clear choice to me.
>
> SO - I don't think it's a problem.  I am however, grateful I learned
> WordStar first, so I can do the Alt-Es more painlessly.  Tree, did you
ever
> consider CURSOR KEYS?
>
> Mark, N5OT (WA6OTU)
Hi Mark, I'm NOT complaining. I love TR and use it alot. I agree it is a
better
program. I also think "working guys" is important, but I also happen to
think
getting the log RIGHT is very important. It would be very nice if you could
fix
an incorrect entry quickly. Fixing the log properly with a good built in
editor
is going to take just as much time as writing on paper or doing the control
N thing. You wouldn't have to resort to that if you had the option of
fixing
the log on the fly. It seems to me that a BASIC function of a logging
program should be the ability to make changes to the log as required.
It's not a choice of fix it or work'em.
Tree has made the program extremely flexible and configurable. I personally
think it would be a better program if you could properly edit the log
during a contest. Either way I'm keeping TR as the program of
choice... Hi Hi      I don't know Wordstar....73 Bill N9BR