[TRLog] Re: USING TR

Subject: [TRLog] Re: USING TR
From: geoiii@bga.com (george fremin iii)
Date: Sun, 13 Jul 1997 22:51:25 -0500 (CDT)
>When I first created my LOGCFG, I put in AA0CY as the call and after a =
>few Q's realized that
>the zone info (7, not 6) was wrong. I went out of the program and edited =
>the file for AA0CY/7. When I came back, the auto exchange was Zone 3! =

I noticed this too.

>Now to make a fool of myself. May I suggest indicating in the manual =
>that hitting the <ENTER>
>key is the way to toggle the status of a parameter in CTRL+J? Just may =
>save someone a few=20

Ok - good idea.

>NAQP. Is there a command for automatic CQ'ing plus its delay? I didn't =
>see one. It is a

Yes - ALT-Q
      ALT-C restarts it.

>WJ2O said that TR logs normally had a .LOG extension and all I got was =
>LOG.DAT &
>LOGORG.DAT. Did I miss performing something vital while in POST? What is =
>the difference
>between them anyway?

There is no .LOG extension.  The log file from
TR-Log is always called LOG.DAT.

The LOGORG.DAT file is your orignal log file - before you ran post.

>No problems interfacing to my FT1000D. While no mention was made in the =
>manual, I
>found that if I typed "14002" <ENTER> in the callsign box, the radio =
>went to that frequency.

mmmmmmm.... I thought it was in there somewhere.

>I have only a CGA monitor (but now have incentive to upgrade [WF1B =
>{RTTY} V3 requires a 386
>and I have but a 286). What would happen if I enabled the band map?

This would put the software in a 50 line mode - now the display is
in 25 line mode.  This allows more information to be shown on
the screen.

>I still have to see if I can interface to my PK232.
 Should I first =
>enable it through Procomm so
>that it's in CONVerse mode?

No - you should be able to talk to the TNC from within TR-Log.
Have you tried this yet?

--

George Fremin III
Austin, Texas C.K.U.     "It is hard to be in one place at the same time."