[TRLog] bug(?) in sprint...slightly different

Subject: [TRLog] bug(?) in sprint...slightly different
From: aa4ga@contesting.com (Lee Hiers, AA4GA)
Date: Mon, 8 Sep 1997 18:21:54 +0000
On  8 Sep 97, John Unger wrote:

> When I was testing this feature before the contest I noticed that if I
> tuned the radio slowly, I could move many Kc's off the original frequency
> without TRLog going into S&P mode. But when I turned the dial rapidly, it
> worked as advertised.

I noticed the same thing here.  I wasn't going to say anything till I
played with it some after the contest, but I never seem to play with
the program except during a contest =:o    I didn't even unzip 6.10
until 0002Z, then just went for it (after turning on the auto mode
change thingy).  My guess is it's related to the polling time cycle.
If you tune too slowly, the comparison between frequency now and
frequency when last polled is too small a difference to force mode
change.  Maybe have a user selectable frequency difference required
for mode change?  Or would the RIT frequency mess that up?

Anyway, another problem I noticed was that my RIT kept turning off.
I usually leave it on, at zero offset for quick tuning if needed.
Lots of times I went to turn the knob and nothing happened...then I
noticed it was off again.  I never did figure out a pattern, but it
seems like it was connected with QSYing.  I don't know if this is
related to the mode-change or not.  I'm using an FT-990.  Or is this
a feature I don't know about?

I want to go on the record as saying I think the mode-change option
is the greatest thing since sliced bread!  And that's even if Tree
doesn't get it to change a little quicker.

73 de Lee

--
Lee Hiers - AA4GA
Contest Preservation Society - NT4DX