[TRLog] OT's 2 cents

Subject: [TRLog] OT's 2 cents
From: n6tr@teleport.com (Tree N6TR)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 06:14:26 -0800 (PST)
> For those who don't remember because this has been going around for quite
> some time now, we are bantering about the fact that TR at the moment has a
> basic bug which EVERYONE will encounter from time to time:

Nope - it's a feature, not a bug.  A bug is something that isn't expected.

> K5GN (who has been around some, I might add) wrote:
>
> >>This is THE most frustrating thing about TR, in my book.  ("Doggone it,
> >>I *told* you last time you stupid computer!")  No *corrected* error
> >>should be propagated by the initial exchange db.

Well, since this is THE most frustrating thing about TR log, maybe I
should invest the time into changing how it works.

> >>I note that the window editor is able to correct band mult and qso
> >>totals.  So it must have the ability to do some updating.  Fixit, Tree!

The band/mode/call and QSO points are always in the same place.  It
isn't as easy to decode the proper initial exchange for all of the
possible exchange formats.  Oh, the multiplier info is always in the same
place too.

> then KC5AJX admonished:
>
> > Maybe you forgot to add the word "Please" to that last line!!!!

KC5AJX must have kids about the age of my kids.

> Pretty-pleeeease??
>
> Everybody up.  That's enough groveling for now.  Thanks.

No - more groveling PLEASE.  (Gee, the meaning of that sentence really
changes if you move the dash over two words).

Tree