[TRLog] Glitches found on field day

Subject: [TRLog] Glitches found on field day
From: CarlClawson@compuserve.com (Carl Clawson)
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 12:11:01 -0400
I had two funny things happen on Field Day.

The first: I never worked Maine, and it properly showed as an unworked
multiplier on screen. Then I later found in my log the following line:

 20CW  28-Jun-98 15:09  396  W8RC            1A     Mi              Me
 1

On restarting the program after Field Day was over, Me was no longer
highlighted as an unworked multiplier. POST does not catch this error as it
lists Me as a worked multiplier. Yes, I checked my ARRLSECT.DOM file and
it's correct.

The second: I worked two dupes on 20 CW search & pounce. One was detected
and scored with 0 points but the other was entered in the log with points.
No big problem as POST caught them both.

Now a question: Is there a predefined key that will send the call from the
call window? I couldn't find one and programmed my own, but it seems like
it ought to have been there somewhere already.

By the way, TRLog was a star attractions at W7OTV Field Day this year.
Visitors were amazed to see a computer doing most of the work and even
keying the radio. Plus, I found that the alleged learning curve for TRLog
applies mostly to getting it set up. I found I could train a Field day
operator in just a few minutes, and operation is so intuitive that it
almost always did the right thing - even at 5:00 a.m. when I was getting
pretty stupid. Wonderful program! Maybe next year I can convince the `phone
guys to use it.

73, Carl WS7L, CW station czar for Oregon Tualatin Valley ARC (W7OTV)