[TRLog] S&P to CQ switching

Subject: [TRLog] S&P to CQ switching
From: w4au@contesting.com (John Unger)
Date: Mon, 11 Jan 1999 16:19:06 -0500
Hi Jon -

I used to have problems with this when I first started using TRLog, but now
only very occasionally get caught in the wrong "mode". The most common
problem seems to be when you stop CQing and start S&P; you type in a
callsign, hit Return and hear the other guys call rather than your own -
panic! At that point you can hit ESC twice to stop the keying and clear the
call window, hit TAB to go to S&P, and then ^R to read the callsign back in
the call window; then you're all ready to send your call when you hit
Return. That is a long sequence to remember the first time, and the best
strategy is to remember to hit the TAB key when you begin S&P and not to
mess up in the first place...

A second, and maybe better idea, is to set the TRLog default AUTO S&P
ENABLE = TRUE, then  TRLog will automatically go from CQ to S&P mode when
you begin changing the frequency on your xcvr. This feature was made for
the Sprint contests, where you are going constantly from CQ -> S&P mode,
and the opportunity to mess up the mode is ever present...

I think that you will get used to looking for the screen color changes that
occur when you go between CQ and S&P as a visual clue. Anyway, I hope you
find some of these ideas helpful. TRLog is worthwhile using!

73 - John, W4AU