[TRLog] Manual 6.39

Subject: [TRLog] Manual 6.39
From: k6xx@jps.net (Bob Wolbert, K6XX)
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 11:55:28 -0700

I have found with a LaserJet 4L and a 6MP, printing EVEN pages first, then
the ODD , with the evens output to the "straight through" tray and then
configuring the printer so the odds exit the top (normal) tray, I don't
need to resort (restack?) the pages. Different printer designs will have
different methods of achieving this. It is a good mental puzzle to solve
during non-contest weekends.

I took an indelible marker pen and wrote directions on the inside of the
paper tray so I don't forget this procedure.

If you try duplexing, print all of the even pages, then tell the computer
to print all the odd pages, but only insert one or two sheets. Ensure these
sheets are printing correctly (right side of paper, top correctly aligned)
before you fill the paper tray.

I think this is worth the effort. You may not! GL

BTW, the 6MP in PostScript mode prints the interface board layout page with
only the default (3MB) memory. It is high resolution--definitely not 72
dpi.

73 de Bob, K6XX