[TRLog] TS-870 and TRlog

Subject: [TRLog] TS-870 and TRlog
From: gbaron@home.com (Gilbert Baron)
Date: Thu, 11 Nov 1999 05:28:49 -0600
There is nothing special about it. The pinout in the manual works. You do
NOT have to do the jumpering, in fact, DON'T because then it may not work
with other programs.
I would not recommend using the serial for PTT for that reason. You have to
split wires form the cable to do that. Unfortunately Tree has choosen not to
implement the TX and RX commands which would allow all control to be via the
serial cable. That is the biggest enhamcement to the program in my mind but
perhaps he thinks there is not enough Kenwood out there to justify it.