[TRLog] DVK with TS-870S

Subject: [TRLog] DVK with TS-870S
From: K4BEV@aol.com (K4BEV@aol.com)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 12:42:04 EDT
Hi Bill,
I use the number pad to control my ts570.
The "7" key sends CQ (DRU)
The "8" key drops my call (DRU)
The "9" key sends the exchange (DRU)
The "4" key turns the VOX on
The "5" key clears RIT
The "6" key turns the DRU repeat function on
The "1" key turns the VOX off
The "2" key activates the antenna tuner
The "3" key turns the DRU repeat function off
And the "0" key stops the DRU (as soon as its pressed BTW)

Get to the key you want to program (Alt P, etc)
To activate the 1st DRU function type:
<CTRL-P> <CTRL-C> SRS=PB1; <CTRL-D>
The SRS command sends the string "PB1;" to the active radio.
SRS1 will send it to Radio 1 and SRS2 will send it to Radio 2.
Any command that the radio will accept can be programmed this way (see your
radio's manual for the commands, parameters, formats, etc).
This is a super feature - lets you operate most of the radio's features
without your hands leaving the kbd.
Have fun playing with this.
73 - Don - K4BEV