[TRLog] LONG -- Reflections on first real use of TR LOG, and a few gripe

Subject: [TRLog] LONG -- Reflections on first real use of TR LOG, and a few gripes
From: k2av@contesting.com (Guy Olinger K2AV)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 15:35:31 GMT
Oh, I understand the spirit in which it was written quite well. I wonder why
you bother.

You are surprised that the TR reflector is inhabited by people who use TR and
trying to improve it and their use of it? It might be called an ENTHUSIAST'S
list. There are a lot of such lists.

Every now and then someone will show up on a reflector, seemingly for the
express purpose of slamming the subject of the enthusiasm. (My psychiatrist
friend insists categorically that such are just looking for attention -- I'm
not quite so harsh.)

Their behavior makes about as much sense as a hog farmer going to a cattlemen's
convention and starting arguments about why pork is better. The fact that the
hog farmer spent money to buy some steak in a local restaurant doesn't make it
any less odd.

For heaven's sake enjoy your CT. Don't they have a listserver as well? Perhaps
I should go over there and tell everyone why they should be using TR ... based
on your good example, of course.

It's odd that you have such a low opinion of two individuals who do TR and it's
documentation for a pittance, really. I would estimate they do the work for
something less than 1/10 the minimum wage. And whatever else one might find
fault with, they have been responsive over the years. Particularly, adding many
*REQUESTED* configurable options that make TR work in highly customized
situations.

If you are dissatisfied so grievously, destroy your copy and ask Tree for a
refund. Unless, of course you tried out the *free* version and bought TR
afterwards. And of course the manual was available in PDF form for free
download all along for your advance perusal.

See you in the tests.

On Mon, 26 Jun 2000 21:00:35 -0600, you wrote:

>Hello TR LOG people,
>
>I see that the posts on this reflector seem to come from TR LOG
>enthusiasts.  I had hoped to become one of this august band, but it may
>not be possible.  Am I am permitted to make a few observations about the
>way that TR works?  I might even make a criticism or two.  If you can't
>handle it, please press DELETE immediately!

73, Guy
k2av@contesting.com
Apex, NC, USA