[TRLog] LONG -- Reflections on first real use of TR LOG, and a few gripe

Subject: [TRLog] LONG -- Reflections on first real use of TR LOG, and a few gripes
From: David W Wood<g3yxx@guildford-physio.demon.co.uk> (david)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 22:37:34 +0100
Hello Ed

Your comments reflect great frustrations with a great program

I had many hours of frustration with the setting up 18 months ago when I
first started with tr6.36.
working with first principles in mind and listeing to what the program
asked for in a new setup and then working up to sophisticated contests
the fascinating intricacies of the program became apparent.

I didn't have the manual at that time as it is in .pdf format - portable
document file.  to me as a blind op it doesn't translate well into
accessible format, but I can run TRLOG in CW and SSB modes with my eyes
closed!!!!!
the support you get from Tree, George and the listers is far superior to
any other contesting program list and you will find that your needs will
be met with upgrades if they do not already exist.

screen display is not really an issue.  if you are bothering about that,
you are wasting time from working qs.

I did setup for my contesting group with foreground black and background
black, and still they managed to worth prog till the joke was rumbled!

peruse, practice, perform then promote TR

In message <020a01bfe05c$aff16870$6ec6ed89@SC017588>, Thomas M. Schaefer
<toms@inconnect.com> writes

>We have a lady in our club that is blind. She logs with TR for the SSB
>station all the time. She has no problem. She hears a call - types it in,
>hits enter. She hears the exchange, types it in, and hits enter. What is the
>problem? Yes, TR has many features, but as you attempted to say, you do not
>have to use them all. If you want to have TR do the keying or other
>functions, then spend a few minutes learning how to do it. If not, use the
>paddle, but you still enter the call - hit enter - enter the exchange - hit
>enter. What could be easier?
>
>Tom NY4I

david