[TRLog] LONG -- Reflections on first real use of TR LOG, and a few gripe

Subject: [TRLog] LONG -- Reflections on first real use of TR LOG, and a few gripes
From: ke5c@vvm.com (John, KE5C)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 00:52:25 -0500
Hi Ed!  Are you still sore over England v. Romania or what?

> I see that the posts on this reflector seem to come from TR LOG
> enthusiasts.

Those are the people most interested in a reflector all right.

> not be possible.  Am I am permitted to make a few observations about
the
> way that TR works?

(Rhetorical question)

>  I might even make a criticism or two.

Two??

> Nonetheless, the bottom line is that I'm somewhat disappointed with
TR.
> I hope you'll accept my comments in the spirit in which they're
> intended -- that is, the experience of a newbie, who REALLY wanted to
> find that TR was wonderful.  I'm still in two minds as to which
program
> to use for the IOTA contest, so please try to convince me ..........

Why in the world would you want to find TR wonderful?  You seem
perfectly happy with CT, and from your comments, that sounds like the
best choice for you.  I've purchased a number of things in this hobby
which didn't work out for me, but I always enjoyed learning why they did
or didn't.  TR doesn't cost that much, and now you know that you really
like CT better.  Different keystrokes for different folks!  BTW, I use
TR Log as my daily logging program as well as my contest program.

73, de ke5c, op  john