[TRLog] LONG -- Reflections on first real use of TR LOG, and a few gripe

Subject: [TRLog] LONG -- Reflections on first real use of TR LOG, and a few gripes
From: k8bk@speedconnect.com (Barry Martz)
Date: Tue, 27 Jun 2000 18:35:25 -0400
One short note on this subject.

I started the same way.  I learned on the FIRST releases of CT then NA.

After my first couple contests with TR, I was sold ON TR.  The MULTIPLE and
NATURAL use of the ENTER key and the NATURAL use of the ESC key where
the first big pluses I saw.  I have always hated using the + key and the
insert key....
for logging and sending.

Besides the multiple use of keys, being able to put commands in the F-Key
memories is a cool feature too along with the multi use foot switch.

I also use CT/NA when contesting at other stations.  I too walk away knowing
I made the correct choice in contest programs.

It does take a few contests to get familiar with TR if you are use to CT or
NA.  I am
very glad I made the change.

Good Luck

de Barry / K8BK