[TRLog] What happened?

Subject: [TRLog] What happened?
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Tue, 12 Dec 2000 16:04:34 -0500
At 08:41 PM 12/12/00 GMT, Clive Whelan wrote:

> Fam. Christensen wrote:
>

>> in my 6th QSO I misheard a figure from a UA3. - I got UA4 and
>> was now in the next field. He corrected me and I used
>> Shift-TAB to move backwards (just returned after 8 days from
>> work using the Shift-TAB for all entries in their work)
>>

>Much simpler than this. All you have to do is use the arrow keys
>to move about, and forget about the double key strokes which are
>confusing.

But I *do* sympathize, since I tend to do the same thing with the [Tab]
key, and wind up shifting from CQ to S&P Mode.  I'd much prefer to require
double keystrokes for mode changes, or at least to have that option, on the
theory that you're less likely to do one of them reflexively.

>But it's *much* simpler than that even! In the exchange filed
>just enter UA3xxx 001, or 001 UA3xxx ( say) and a confirmation
>of the corrected call will be sent on air, and the correct call
>logged.

Yes!  This is one of the best features of TR Log.  But you must have
CALLSIGN UPDATE ENABLE = TRUE in your logcfg.dat file for it to work.

This darned NONCW critter turned up on me again this weekend, combined with
the disappearance of the QSO/mult table at the top of the screen.  Since
this never happened to me before I interfaced my radio, it's pretty clear
that there is a small bug (buglet?)in the radio interface.  Very
occasionally, while writing a QSO to the log, this bug results in TR not
getting a decipherable input as to the radio's frequency and/or mode just
when it needs it.

Since this is VERY intermittent, and almost always is seen in the QSO just
logged, for now would it be possible to have a keystroke combination that
causes TR to poll the radio again for frequency and/or mode and correct the
last QSO accordingly?

Good to see you in the contest, Clive.

73, Pete N4ZR

Contesting is ... Extreme Radio