[TRLog] Simulator sound

Subject: [TRLog] Simulator sound
From: kharker@cs.utexas.edu (Kenneth E. Harker)
Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 07:30:54 -0500
On Wed, May 23, 2001 at 01:29:25AM -0700, Jim Smith wrote:

> I want the simulator sound output to show up in my earphones.  I have an
> AWE64 sound card.  I have a stereo amp plugged into the line out of the
> sound card and the phones plugged into earphone jack on the amp.  I have
> CW TONE=700 in .cfg file.  I hear the cw from the computer speaker but
> not in the headphones.  I do hear anything else I care to play through
> the amp, so it's working OK.

TR doesn't talk to the sound card at all.  The simulator audio is
supposed to come out of the speaker.

> I am running TR in a DOS box in Win98.  Works fine except for this.
>
> Any ideas as to how to get the simulator cw into the phones?

KG5U improved his simulator situation in this way:
http://www.hal-pc.org/~kg5u/PC-to-Headphones.html

> Jim Smith     VE7FO
>
> --
> FAQ on WWW:               http://www.contesting.com/FAQ/trlog
> Submissions:              trlog@contesting.com
> Administrative requests:  trlog-REQUEST@contesting.com
> Problems:                 owner-trlog@contesting.com
> Feature Wishlist:       http://web.jzap.com/n6tr/trwish.html

Kenneth E. Harker      "Vox Clamantis in Deserto"      kharker@cs.utexas.edu
University of Texas at Austin                   Amateur Radio Callsign: WM5R
Department of the Computer Sciences         President, UT Amateur Radio Club
Taylor Hall TAY 2.124                         Maintainer of Linux on Laptops