[TRLog] Simulator sound

Subject: [TRLog] Simulator sound
From: jimsmith@home.com (Jim Smith)
Date: Thu, 24 May 2001 02:55:44 -0700
Ham heaven indeed!  The simulator sends lots of serial numbers using the
short form, e.g. ntn is 909.  I have trouble doing the translation
quickly so I tried entering ntn in the exchange window, expecting TR to
object.  Well, it did the translation and entered serial # 909 in the
log.  Wow.  I don't recall seeing this in the manual and would never had
tried it in a real contest.  I also really like how, if I get the call
wrong, I get pestered to get it right, with consequent reduction in
rate.  This plus the rate meter is far more useful to me than simply a
list at the end of the practice session of how many mistakes I made.

My TRMASTER file is about 121K.  I'm working the (simulated (virtual?))
world and, at 23 wpm, I can get the rate up to 124/hr.  Gives me a whole
new appreciation of what it must be like to operate at one of the high
rate multi-multis.

Something for the wish list.

1.      Flag errors in the exchange as well as the call.
2.      Have simulator respond to more F Keys than F9 (?)

I'm going to put a few more hours into practice on Thursday (I know,
this is Thursday, but I haven't gone to bed yet) and, just maybe, in WPX
I won't keep mistaking 7L for ZL.

73 de Jim Smith VE7FO