[TRLog] Re: Logging DX stations in CQP

Subject: [TRLog] Re: Logging DX stations in CQP
From: k6xx@arrl.net (Bob Wolbert, K6XX)
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2001 09:02:14 -0700
Folks,

This IS a serious problem for California stations running TR-Log in CQP. My
log WAS disqualified last year due to excessive DX QSOs without having the
proper country identifier. You won't find me listed in the results at all...
and I was president of the sponsoring club(!) at the time.

Tree, PLEASE find a suitable method of entering sections of non-multiplier
QSOs real-time.

Here's one actual scenario:

Worked AH8I, who was in Alaska. He was not signing /KL7. The first time he
represented a multiplier, and the program took the information fine. The
second time, I entered his exchange (# + AK), but the program cleared it
out--no QTH information was left in the exchange field. After the contest,
when I was filling in all the blank spaces with QTH info, I couldn't
remember his QTH--but certainly didn't remember working a south Pacific
station. Fortunately, I had worked him previously and had the information
stored (just a lucky find with 2100 QSOs in the log...).

Don't say I should have entered a note in the log--I was running quickly and
know I entered the information properly. There was no time for a note,
either ^N or on paper. This is a program bug.

The CQP committee had conversations with Tree about this a couple of years
ago, and gave a one-year "grace period". That grace period expired before
last year's contest.

By the way, the method I used to enter a DX QTH is the standard prefix plus
a number. For example: OK1. Oklahoma is "Ok", so this provides some
differentiation.

73 de Bob, K6XX
k6xx@arrl.net
www.k6xx.com