[TRLog] TR in ARRl 10

Subject: [TRLog] TR in ARRl 10
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Sun, 16 Dec 2001 22:28:54 -0500
Really stress-tested TRLog 6.60 in the ARRL 10M contest -- actually had the
memory remaining meter down to the high 40s by the end of the contest --
scarey but it never stopped ticking.

No bugs noted -- but one oddity.  I started out running TR under DOS,
because I was worried about possible higher memory usage in a Win 98
window, and noticed that it seemed slow.  There were noticeable pauses
between keyboard keystrokes and the beginning of CW, and I could see the
updating process take place in the upper right window -- entries would
flash and flash again before settling. This on a 200MHz Pentium with 128MB
of RAM.

Then, on Saturday, I needed the SBDVP, so I restarted in a full-screen DOS
window under Win98, stopped all background tasks except Systray and
Explorer, and went the rest of the way in that configuration.  The screen
seemed to respond much more crisply.  Odd that it isn't the other way around.

Finally, a curiosity question.  I've been a TR user since 1994, but have
never understood what the Repeat S&P Exchange is for.  I program it
dutifully every contest, but as far as I know I've never used it on either
CW or phone.  How is it invoked in the current form of the program?  Or is
it?

73, Pete N4ZR
www.qsl.net/n4zr