[TRLog] a "smarter" INITIAL EXCHANGE feature

Subject: [TRLog] a "smarter" INITIAL EXCHANGE feature
From: n4zr@contesting.com (Pete Smith)
Date: Mon, 17 Dec 2001 06:14:25 -0500
At 04:17 AM 12/17/01 -0000, VE6JY Don Moman wrote:

>Another issue, not the fault of the program, but it happens all the time.
>"Wrong" initial exchange data gets put in the field if this feature is
>turned on - such as the ARRL sections from SS etc.

I started with the TRMAASTER file only being used for calls, but then
turned on Initial Exchange = Sections in order to be able to see a lot of
US and VE stations' QTHs.  It was no real hardship simply to enter the
state where its abbreviation differed from the section, and let TR's parser
choose the rightmost entry in the exchange field for the log.  For example,
if the program said someone was in sjv, entering CA to the right of it took
care of things.

73, Pete N4ZR
www.qsl.net/n4zr