[TRLog] TR 6.64 comments...

Subject: [TRLog] TR 6.64 comments...
From: kg5u@hal-pc.org (Dale L Martin)
Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2002 09:09:27 -0500
ap.

> Not yet. The only practical way for me to do this would be to change the
> granularity of the decay from one minute increments to something
> larger. The
> max number of "time units" an entry can survive is 63. That is
> not going away.
> However, I can make the "time unit" programmable. I know how I
> can implement
> it. I need to think about what to call it and how to present it.
> I am thinking
> simply BAND MAP DECAY UNIT = 1, 2, 3, ...? It needs to show up
> right next to
> BAND MAP DECAY TIME in the ctrl-J menu to avoid confusion. Comments?

So, if I selected a BAND MAP DECAY UNIT of 2, decay would be lengthened to
126 minutes?

What about something a bit more variable and maybe clearer:

Don't have a BAND MAP DECAY UNIT.

Set the normal decay IN CODE to 10 minutes.

Then the BAND MAP DECAY UNIT would be a multiple of ten.

Set the information presented in the CTRL-J to say something like:

BAND MAP DECAY TIME = 10, 20, 30, 40....630 (or whatever the limit might be)

Selecting 10 would actually be selecting a 1 in the program code; 30, a 3;
100, a 10, etc.

But, the time the operator selects would be the actual time.  No internal
math needed.

73,
dale, kg5u