[TRLog] TR Special Event Configuration

Subject: [TRLog] TR Special Event Configuration
From: geoiii@kkn.net (George Fremin III - K5TR)
Date: Fri, 31 May 2002 06:11:39 -0700
On Fri, May 31, 2002 at 07:43:18AM -0500, Mike D. wrote:
> This weekend our club is operating a special event. I thought I was fine
> tuning a CFG file that would do everything, but now I ended up with
> multiplier lists that don't dim after working domestic contacts and only dim
> sometimes when working DX.

Using general qso for anything that you want to mark mults
it eiter will not work or will not work well.

It looks like you are going to send 5NN to everyone - do you really
need to log the RST?

If you want to log either the sent or received RST then you
could use this:

contest = sprint
dx multiplier = arrl dxcc

This will let you log the RST in the serial number place.

If you dont care about the RST - then I would use this:

contest = na qso
dx multiplier = arrl dxcc

You might also be able to alter the received exchange for the
above contests by doing this:

contest = na qso
dx multiplier = arrl dxcc
exchange received = rst name qth

But - I just tried this and it does not dim the mults - I suspect it is
because of the exchange type.

So I like my first two examples.

If you use the sprint you will want to make the mults count per band if
you want to track states/countries per band - if you want to just
count them overall then you would need to make the change to
the naqp if you used that one - as it counts per band.