[TRLog] TRLog and serial ports, 2

Subject: [TRLog] TRLog and serial ports, 2
From: w9zv@attbi.com (rpb)
Date: Sun, 8 Dec 2002 08:25:53 -0600
tnx bernie and gary for the responses....

if there is some suspicion that the serial ports are not setup =
correctly/completely, then i could write come code to do so that can run =
before i kick off TRLog.   I may have to resort to writing code to dump =
the 16550 config anyway from within the DOS penalty box....=20

more info:

Bios settings are not set to auto...=20
Bios has COM1/2 at standard I/O addresses of 0x3f8/0x2f8 respectively.

TR PORTS reflects the above (including COM3/4 @ 0x3E8/0x2E8), further =
snooping with debug.com at these addresses also confirms.

SIIG Serial board is not used for TR, but rather for WinTelnetX spotting =
output (via COM3)  into COM2 where TRLog thinks there is a TNC.  I tried =
removing the board, it made no difference.=20

remember, this is exactly the same setup (as far as i can tell, but =
obviously not )  i had previously, including the OS, and it worked =
famously.

Cheers,

-bob,w9zv

multipart/alternative